Roofing Supplies (SW) Ltd is committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website;
- Where we obtain the data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- And how we comply with the data protection rules; and
- All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with UK/ EU data protection laws (DPA/GDPR).
The DPA/GDPR regulations identify a set of principles which form the basis of how Roofing Supplies (SW) Ltd will use your personally identifiable information:
- Process all information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Collect personal information for a specified, legitimate purpose;
- Ensure that the personal information processed is adequate, relevant and limited to the purposes for which it was collected;
- Ensure the personal information is accurate and up to date;
- Keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected; and
- Keep your personal information securely using appropriate technical or organisational measures;
Roofing Supplies (SW) Ltd is a UK registered company that trades under the name RSL and RSL Roofing. The company number is 07362338 and the registered office is Blundells Road, Tiverton, EX16 4DA.
What Personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, order details and payment details.
We may collect personal data from you when you make an enquiry regarding our products or make a purchase, use our website or when you contact us directly.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card or other payment details;
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, calls, and social media;
- The products or services that you have purchased or enquired about; and
- . Location, including real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address. if you use location-based features and turn on the Location Services settings on your device and computer.
We will not process what is considered “sensitive” personal data under applicable data protection laws.
What do we use your personal data for, why and for how long
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to the purchase of products;
- Contacting you in the event of updates from manufacturers regarding the products that you have purchased from us;
- Credit or other payment card verification/screening: we use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent activities;
- Administrative or legal purposes: we may need to use your information in order to ensure that conditions of warranties relating to your purchases are protected. This may mean the sharing of your information with the specific manufacturer of products purchased. .
- Customer Services communications: we may use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
- Marketing: from time to time we may contact you with information regarding promotions and new/ancillary products via e-communications. We will only do this if you have consented to such marketing communications and you will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
Sharing of your personal data
- Manufacturers or equipment or services, from whose range you have purchased via Roofing Supplies (SW) Ltd, as required for warranties;
- Service providers we are using to run our business such as providing e-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns;
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and which may need information about your method of payment to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction; and
- Legal or law enforcement agencies as required to meet any legal obligations.
We will always ensure that we take reasonable measures to ensure that any third party provider we deal with to ensure the running of our business is GDPR compliant and will equally, take all reasonable measures to protect your personal data and be for the specific, legitimate basis stated.
We will never share your personal data to third parties for non-related marketing purposes.
Website and Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping your website experience.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal passenger information.
Data Protection Controller
We have appointed a Data Protection Controller (“DPC”) to oversee compliance with this policy.
To contact our DPC, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Date Protection Controller
Roofing Supplies (SW) Ltd
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Your Data Protection Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act grants a number of rights that Roofing Supplies (SW) Ltd must uphold. These are:
- The right to be informed via Privacy Notices such as this;
- The right to request access to any personal information that we hold. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- The right to request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- The right to request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- The right to object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- The right to object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you;
- The right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information;
- The right to request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format; and
- The right to withdraw consent. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact our DPC as detailed above.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). If your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Revision date 25 May 2018